|Job Title:||Communication Officer|
|Reports to:||Chief Executive Officer|
|Line Management Responsibilities:||None|
|Contract Terms:||One year fixed term contract with the possibility of extension dependent on funding and satisfactory performance. Flexibility with working hours required|
The Communication Officer is tasked with implementing eMA’s communication strategy and plan with a focus of transforming eMA into a respectable brand within the mentorship sphere, increasing the organization’s visibility and strengthening its capacity to undertake communication work for eMA. Specifically the role is expected to: Undertake activities that increase visibility and understanding of eMA, its work and the impact; implement strategies that develop eMA into a respected mentorship brand in the region; and undertake activities to strengthen eMA’s internal communication capacity.
The role is expected to steer utilization of online and social media space towards developing eMA programs portfolio.
Competencies & Skills required
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills.
- Copywriting and editing skills.
- Passion for brand building and creativity are very important attributes for this role
- Knowledge of social media analytics software, such as Facebook Insights and Google Analytics to track audience engagement and campaign performance.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
Qualifications and Experience
- A graduate with a bachelor’s degree in communications or related field such as marketing advertising, journalism or graphic design.
- Experience with major social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snap, etc.
- Experience with content management systems, Canva, Adobe Photoshop, Lighthouse, Illustrator, InDesign, and other design software is a requirement
- Experience with video software (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects).
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org (clearly indicating the position being applied for) by CoB 18th April 2022. Application should include a cover letter explaining suitability for the position being applied for and Curriculum Vitae. eMA is a Youth focus organization hence encourages youth aged 25 – 35 years to apply.