|Job Title:||Finance and Accounts Officer|
|Reports to:||Finance and Administration Manager|
|Line Management Responsibilities:||None|
|Contract Terms||One year fixed term contract with the possibility of extension dependent on funding and satisfactory performance. Flexibility with working hours required|
Reporting to the Finance and Administration Manager, the Finance and Accounting officer is responsible for maintaining records of assets, liabilities, revenue and expenditure, payments and other financial activities. The Finance and Accounting officer shall be responsible for conducting regular checks of the systems of internal controls, assist the finance and administration manager in collaborating with external auditors during annual audits and maintain month end, quarter-end, half year and end year accounting calendars.
Competencies & Skills required
- Good numerical skills to understand financial and accounting transactions.
- Ability to apply standard financial operating procedures in managing day to day financial transactions.
- A clear understanding of international financial reporting standards (IFRSs) and international standards of audit (IASs)
- Ability to use accounting software
- Conversant with Microsoft office suite.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive and a self-starter with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work under fast paced environment while maintaining accuracy in all financial and accounting transactions.
- A clear understanding of the accounting cycle and calendar.
- Excellent Numerical skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or any other relevant field from a recognize university.
- Professional qualification such as CPA or ACCA would be an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience in finance and/or accounting
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com (clearly indicating the position being applied for) by CoB 18th April 2022. Application should include a cover letter explaining suitability for the position being applied for and Curriculum Vitae. eMA is a Youth focus organization hence encourages youth aged 25 – 35 years to apply.