|Job Title||Projects Officer|
|Location:||Nairobi, Kenya with expected frequent field travels in areas where the organization has projects|
|Reports to:||Programme Manager|
|Line Management Responsibilities:||None|
|Contract Terms:||One year fixed term contract with the possibility of extension dependent on funding and satisfactory performance. Flexibility with working hours required|
The Projects Officer works within the programmes team and is mainly responsible for implementation of interventions and activities within eMA portfolio of programs and projects. The role is involved in project cycle management functions overseeing project conceptualization, designing, implementation and reporting. The projects Officer is responsible for detailed planning of projects within eMA portfolio and ensuring timely reporting while also overseeing effective budget management as per agreed project plans and budgets.
The Projects Officer contributes to the development of eMA’s policy, strategy and thought leadership through evidence generation from projects work, communication and engagements in relevant forums. In collaboration with the CEO, Programme Manager and other support functions, the role is involved in scouting for, sharing and assisting in fundraising initiatives aimed at growing eMA’s work and increasing the current projects portfolio size. He/she contributes to providing technical information for proposal writing, seeking opportunities for participating in consortia, representing the organisation in relevant fundraising forums and representing the organisation in specialist technical forums.
Competencies & Skills required
- Analytical skills to make sense of routine data, understand evidence, conduct situation analysis ensuring project learning, adaptation, communication and publications are based on robust evidence.
- Strategic thinking to ensure choices and decisions are informed by the bigger picture and the changing context.
- Experience in projects budget management
- Experience in Project Cycle Management including knowledge of best practices and industry standards for project management
- Ability to multitask, working on a number of projects simultaneously and to agreed deadlines
- Fast learner, able to adapt to change quickly
- Close attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, including experience of communicating effectively across cultures and with diverse audiences, both verbally and in writing
- Self-driven with ability to work independently with minimal support, as well as in a team environment
- Good report-writing skills with excellent written and spoken English and Swahili.
- Demonstrable interpersonal and team working skills
- Flexibility in working in diverse situations with unpredictable working hours.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and use of internet for research
- A good understanding of mentorship programming. An understanding of youth contextual dynamics in Kenya
- A recognised first degree or professional qualification in: public administration and management; development studies; governance; international relations, or a related field.
- Demonstrable experience working on project management
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com (clearly indicating the position being applied for) by CoB 18th April 2022. Application should include a cover letter explaining suitability for the position being applied for and Curriculum Vitae. eMA is a Youth focus organization hence encourages youth aged 25 – 35 years to apply.